Avista Foundation Awards More Than $100,000 to 26 Nonprofits in Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Alaska in Q2 2022 | Local
SPOKANE — For the second quarter of 2022, the Avista Foundation announced it was awarding a total of $103,450 to 26 nonprofit organizations in Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Alaska.
“We are pleased to invest in community organizations that make such a difference in the lives of young people to help them realize their greatest potential. said Dennis Vermillion, president and CEO of Avista.
According to a press release from Avista, the second quarter grants are focused on organizations that provide services in support of youth development and educational programs. Below is a list of the 26 nonprofits receiving a Q2 grant.
- West Central Community Center (WA) — $10,000
- Sling (WA) — $7,500
- Southeast Alaska (AK) Autonomous Living — $7,500
- Cornerstone Teen Center (ID) — $6,700
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho (WA/ID) — $5,000
- Parasport Spokane (WA) — $5,000
- Spokane Eastside (WA) Reunion Association — $5,000
- Twin County United Way (WA/ID) — $5,000
- American Volunteers from Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho (WA/ID) — $5,000
- Northwest Indoor Campfire (WA/ID) — $4,000
- Spark Central (WA) — $4,000
- Treehouse (WA) — $4,000
- Create your statement (WA) — $3,500
- Living Generation (WA) — $3,500
- Rise of the Skyhawks (WA) — $3,500
- The Path of Justice (WA) — $3,500
- Eastern Oregon Regional Arts Council (OR) — $3,000
- LC Valley Youth Resource Center (WA/ID) — $3,000
- Idaho (ID) STEM Action Center Foundation — $2,500
- Palouse Trails (WA) — $2,500
- One-stop center for athletes of all needs AKA: UCAN (ID) — $2,500
- Peak 7 Adventures (WA) — $2,000
- Asotin County Library Foundation (WA) — $1,750
- Sandpoint Youth Center AKA: Sandpoint Teen Center (ID) — $1,500
- Columbia Basin Allied Arts (WA) — $1,000
- Manzanita House (WA) — $1,000
In 2021, the Avista Foundation donated over $1.9 million to organizations that help those in need. Since its inception in 2002, the Avista Foundation has awarded grants totaling more than $12 million.