Rewind Oregon Women’s Basketball 91-34 Loss in Idaho State
EUGENE – The Oregon No.10 opened the season with a 91-34 loss to Idaho State on Tuesday night at Matthew Knight Arena.
The Ducks were completely deprived of Pac-12 goalies Te-Hina Paopao and Endyia Rogers due to injury.
Sedona Prince scored 18 points and Maddie Scherr and Nyara Sabally each have 14 points for the Ducks. Sabally left with an apparent right knee injury with 5:07 left in the third quarter and did not return.
Oregon shot 61% from the field, its best since Dec. 8, 2019 against South Dakota State (64.2) and allowed Idaho State to shoot just 22.6% , the lowest since December 29, 2014.
Below are the first live updates from tonight’s game (7:30 p.m.).
FINAL: OREGON 91, IDAHO STATE 34
– Taylor Bigby gets point work, non-Ahlise Hurst starters all for the quarter
End of the 3rd TERM: OREGON 72, IDAHO STATE 29
– Oregon rises 70-29 with 1:33 to go and Kelly Graves goes for a complete roster change, could do it for the starters tonight or at least for several minutes
– Nyara Sabally falls with an apparent injury to her foot. She gets up and leaves with help and goes directly to the locker room with 5:07 in quarters.
– No wonder considering her limited season a year ago, but Maddie Scherr is hosting a career night
HALF TIME: OREGON 50, IDAHO STATE 20
– Oregon Score: Sabally 11, Scherr and Prince 10 each, Hurst and Bigby 5 each, Pinto 4, Parrish 3, Kyei 2
– Shot: UO 60.6% FG, 5/8 of 3 | ISU 25.8% FG, 1/12 of 3
– Maddie Scherr returns to the UO bench just before half-time
– Maddie Scheer shakes over a play, leaves and seems to return to the locker room early
– Oregon 17/24 from field
– Idaho State shoots 3 of 20 from the field
– Idaho State isn’t the kind of composite team you would expect with so many returning players from an NCAA tournament team
End of 1st QUARTER: OREGON 27, IDAHO STATE 6
– Nyara Sabally up to 11 points
– Idaho State scores its first basket at 2:41
– Ducks mark the next 6, 19-2 – 3:29
– The State of Idaho climbs onto the board from the foul line
– Oregon opens 13-0 streak
– Oregon Entries: Maddie Scherr, Ahlise Hurst, Sydney Parrish, Nyara Sabally, Sedona Prince