Washington Men’s Tennis Reaches Pac-12 Championship Game
At just 17, Washington rookie Cesar Bouchelaghem may not know he’s supposed to feel the pressure. For the second day in a row, he picked up the singles win to send the Husky men’s tennis team to their first-ever Pac-12 Championship Finals in Ojai, Calif.
Bouchelaghem trailed 4-1 in their No. 5 singles third set, before racing five straight to shock UCLA and cement a 4-3 UW victory on Friday. The Huskies (18-10) upset top-seeded Arizona in the quarterfinals.
UW takes on USC at 3 p.m. Saturday.
•Travis Bazzana hit a teeing triple and, after two intentional walks, Garret Forrester singled in the winning 10th inning in Oregon State’s 4-3 (29-8, 11-5 Pac-12) win over Washington. William Simpson scored a two-point brace for the Huskies (16-19, 6-13).
• Korey Lee The RBI single in the 10th proved the difference in Sugar Land’s 8-6 win at Tacoma.
• After three consecutive walks in the ninth inning, by Dariel Gomez a two-run single helped rally Everett AquaSox to a 4-3 win over visiting Tri-City.
Everett Starter Bryce Miller allowed one hit in six shutout innings.
• Aidan Welch had three hits and Matt Boissonneault scored a two-point brace to lead Seattle U (10-23, 8-11 WAC) to a 6-3 win over New Mexico State (14-21, 4-12) in Bellevue.
• Brennan Milone hit a game-ending single in the 10th after Oregon (26-11, 11-5 Pac-12) rallied with a five-run ninth for an 8-7 win over Washington State (14-22, 5-14).
• madison huskey hit a grand slam, Sami Reynolds hit a three-run homer and Gabbie Plain allowed a hit to lead No. 11 Washington (26-11, 7-6) to a 9-0 victory over No. 19 Oregon (26-14, 5-11).
• Seattle U shared a pair of pitching duels, winning 5-1 in 10 innings, then losing 1-0 on a bloop single at the California Baptist.
• The Seattle U men tied for eighth at 7-871 at the El Macero (Calif.) Classic.
• Thomas Milic made 21 saves and Jared Davidson scored two goals as the Seattle T-birds crushed Kelowna 6-0 in their first round of the playoffs.
• Adam room scored 9:47 into overtime to complete a hat trick as Vancouver beat Everett 5-4 in Game 1 of their playoff series.