Washington volleyball soars in Oregon State as Washington State upsets Oregon
Washington’s No. 16 volleyball team hit a blistering .524 as they had no problem visiting Oregon State, 25-19, 25-16, 25-11 on Friday night .
Emoni Bush and Claire Hoffman had 13 kills each, and Marin Grote added 11 for the Huskies (12-3, 4-1 Pac-12).
Mychael Vernon had 11 kills to lead the Beavers (6-9, 1-4), who hit 0.76.
The match will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks.
• The Ducks will suffer an upset loss when they face UW.
Oregon lost to Washington State on Friday 22-25, 28-26, 13-25, 25-18, 15-9.
Pia Timmer had 21 kills and six digs, and Laura Jansen had 11 kills and 17 digs for the Cougars (11-5, 3-2).
Brooke Nuneviller (13 digs, two aces) and Mimi Colyer (10 digs, five blocks) had 20 kills apiece for the Ducks (10-3, 4-1).
The Oregon State and Washington State game Sunday at noon is also on Pac-12.
• austin roest had two purposes and Ben Hemerling had two assists, but the Everett Silvertips lost to the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers 6-3.
• Reid SchaeferThe second goal was the game-winner in the third period as the Seattle Thunderbirds held off the Kelowna Rockets on the road 5-4. Jordan Gustavson had a goal and an assist for the T-birds.
• All eight Huskies picked up wins to start their season as Washington opened fall competition with the Husky Invitational. The Dawgs were 8-0 in singles matches, seven wins over DePaul and one over Portland, with just one set lost
• PGA Professional bruce Stewart of Stone Creek (Oregon) GC and his amateur Spencer Tibbits of Royal Oaks CC in Vancouver won the Pacific Golf & Turf Pro-Amateur Championship by two strokes on PGA Professional Shane Prante from The Home Course to DuPont and amateur Jared Bouchey of Tacoma C & GC by two shots (-15 to -13).